422 Obserwatorzy
13 Obserwuję
anna3101

Ania's books

I'm an aquarius and yes, I do believe in the signs of zodiac :) I believe pretty much in everything (UFOs, reincarnation, ghosts, magic), I love animals (especially cats and ducks), am a vegetarian and will not buy anything tested on animals. I enjoy learning foreign languages, I speak Russian (my native), Polish, English, French as well as some basic Spanish and Italian (I'm also learning Dutch). As for reading... well, yes, I'm doing that all the time :) I love Russian, English and French classics, as well as typical chick-lit and thrillers, and there really is no genre I don't like at all, if it's well-written and has a good plot.

My account on Goodreads: anna3101

Teraz czytam

Czarna lista firm
Klaus Werner-Lobo, Hans Weiss
Jak dobrze mówić i pisać po polsku
Andrzej Markowski
Nadaj życiu kierunek
Jörg Knoblauch, Johannes Hüger, Marcus Mockler, Werner Tiki Küstenmacher
New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook (Ring-bound)
Betty Edwards
Diet coaching. Poradnik dla wiecznie odchudzających się
Urszula Mijakoska
Dramat udanego dziecka
Alice Miller
Fodor's Costa Rica 2008 (Fodor's Gold Guides)
Fodor's
Eyewitness Companions: Religions (EYEWITNESS COMPANION GUIDES)
Philip Wilkinson
You're in Charge: A Guide to Becoming Your Own Therapist
Janette Rainwater
The Write-Brain Workbook: 366 Exercises to Liberate Your Writing
Bonnie Neubauer

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook - Joshua Piven, David Borgenicht This book is about what you always wanted to know about all kinds of weird life-threatening situations but were either afraid to ask - or just weren't lucky enough to lay your hands on a book like this!If, just like me, you go about your daily chores wondering "what if"... What if a crodile bites your hand off?What if your car falls into a river?What if a shark wants to eat you?What if you get lost in a desert?... then this is the perfect read for you.Doesn't matter that the nearest crocodile is safely locked up in a zoo cage - or that I don't have a car - or that the sharks are scarse in this city - or even that there are few deserts in Europe, to say the least. Who cares? The authors are rightely pointing out throughout the whole book - "you just never know" - so better safe than sorry. And if you forget about the basic rules of dealing with the crocodile while you actually get attacked by one, well, than at least you had some fun reading while you were alive, right?And if that punch-in-the-eyes method doesn't work on that hungry shark snacking on your leg... then again, at least you tried. That thought will be with you when your soul goes to heaven (or wherever you believe the souls go after bodies get eaten by wild beasts).Jumping with a parachute that doesn't open (or any parachute at all) or diving in dangerous zones (or any diving for that matter) is, frankly speaking, on my "Never to do in this life" list. But isn't it great to know what could theoretically happen and what I could theoretically do?Highly recommended reading for all forever-scared-by-things-not-likely-to-happen girls and boys out there - we need to know, because "you just never know...".Neurotics of the world, unite! :)